Monitor 4 & 4EC
Handheld Radiation Alert® Detector
The M4 and M4EC are compact, ergonomic, general purpose survey meters capable of detecting alpha, beta, gamma, and X-rays over 3 selectable ranges. A red count light flashes and a beep sounds with each event detected. The Monitor 4EC offers a more linear reading for gamma and X-rays (above 40 keV).
- Monitor 4: Halogen-quenched uncompensated GM tube with thin mica window 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2 thick.
- Monitor 4EC: Halogen-quenched GM tube, energy compensated sidewall 2mm tin filter. Thin mica window 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2 thick.
- Analog Meter holds full scale in fields as high as 100X maximum reading. CPM & mR/hr scale. Optional SI Scale Meter Available.
- 1000 CPM/mR/hr (Cs137). 4EC is the same as M4 except the energy response for gamma and X-rays through the detector sidewall is flat within +61% or -26% over the range of 40 keV to 100 keV, and within +35% or -17% over the range of 100 keV to 1.3 MeV.
- 0-0.5, 0-5, 0-50 mR/hr 0-500, 0-5,000, 0-50,000 CPM or 0-5, 0-50, 0-500 µSv/hr (SI Scale Meter Option).
- X1, X10, X100, Battery Check.
- Typically ±15% of reading (Cs137).